Bosch named “Connected Home Company of the Year” in 6th
IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 13, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Bosch, a leading home appliance manufacturer known nationwide for raising the standards for quietness, efficiency and design, today announced that it has been named the “Connected Home Company of the Year” in the 6and annual IoT Breakthrough Awards program organized by IoT Breakthrough, a leading market intelligence organization that recognizes the best companies, technologies and products in the global Internet of Things (IoT) market today.
To enable a truly connected home, Bosch offers a range of home appliances across all of its product categories to be controlled and monitored remotely with a single app for added convenience. Many of these innovations are integrated into Home Connect™, a highly personalized connected software experience that changes the way consumers interact with their appliances. The Home Connect smart platform supports a comprehensive collection of Wi-Fi enabled devices, allowing consumers to remotely monitor and control their primary home appliance from a smart device for added peace of mind and a simplified experience.
“As we seek to bring excitement into the home, Bosch strongly believes that your devices and technology should first deliver real value by simplifying your everyday life – rather than innovating something just for the sake of it. to innovate,” said Bosch Senior Brand Manager, Diane Lunzer. “We believe connectivity should start with a superior device, automating the mundane while allowing users to enjoy kitchen and home activities without the gadgets.”
The Home Connect app works with Bosch ovens, hobs, extractor hoods, refrigerators, dishwashers, coffee machines and laundry pairs. The single app allows users to intelligently manage and organize household chores while controlling features, receiving alerts, and automating certain processes with each device. Key features of the Home Connect platform include:
- EasyStart, a feature of Bosch washing machines with Home Connect that recommends the perfect program for the laundry load
- VitaFreshPro™, a smart drawer in Bosch French-door bottom-freezer refrigerators that allows consumers to customize pre-programmed humidity and temperature settings via the Home Connect app
- Customizable Home Connect settings so that their Bosch ventilation hood automatically turns on when they start using their induction hob
- Notifications in the Home Connect app, so consumers can check the status of their meal to address the common concern, “Did I leave my oven on?” or receive notifications when a cooking zone is turned off or a timer has expired
- Coffee Playlist, a feature of the Bosch built-in coffee machine with Home Connect, which allows users to enter up to 20 drink orders and easily prepare them one after the other via the Home Connect app; users can also adjust settings to allow their morning alarm to trigger a freshly brewed cup of coffee via IFTTT
- ADA-compliant features, such as voice assistants like Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa, for hands-free device management and control
- Home Connect in-app partner Kitchen Stories provides users with meal-inspired recipes and articles
“The kitchen is the heart and soul of a home, and it certainly makes sense for it to serve as the hub of the connected home,” said James Johnson, general manager of IoT Breakthrough. “While many consumer product brands are pushing for flashy new peripheral smart gadgets, the reality is that these devices typically require complicated setups and get lost in the mess of today’s connected home. In a world of ever-changing connectivity, consumers want technology that’s easy to use and puts them in control of their daily lives.Bosch is constantly innovating to give users smart solutions to better master life at home and we’re delighted to name them our 2022 Connected Home Company of the Year winner.”
The mission of the IoT Breakthrough Awards program is to recognize worldwide innovators, leaders and visionaries in a range of IoT categories, including Industrial and Enterprise IoT, Smart City Technology, Connected Home and Home Automation. , the connected car and many more. . This year’s program attracted more than 3,850 applications from companies around the world.
About Bosch Home Appliances
Bosch Home Appliances has been selling high-quality appliances in the United States since 1991. With a focus on engineered products that make life easier, Bosch is known nationally for raising the standard for quiet operation. , efficiency and design. Bosch frequently receives top marks in major consumer publications. Bosch home appliances are part of BSH Home Appliances Corporation, a 100% subsidiary of the Munich-based BSH Home Appliances group, the largest manufacturer of home appliances in Europe and one of the leading companies in the sector worldwide. Based in Irvine, Calif., the company operates manufacturing facilities in La Follette, Tennessee, and New Bern, North Carolina, home to state-of-the-art factories for dishwashers, ranges, ovens and hobs. Technology and development centers are located in Caryville and Oak Ridge, Tennessee, and New Bern, North Carolina. For more information, visit https://www.bosch-home.com/us/.
About IoT Breakthrough
Part of the Technological breakthrough, a leading market intelligence and recognition platform for global technology innovation and leadership, the IoT Breakthrough Awards program is dedicated to recognizing excellence in Internet technologies, services, companies and products. Objects. The IoT Breakthrough Awards program provides a forum for public recognition around IoT company and product achievements in categories including Connected Home & Smart Home, Connected Car, Industrial IoT (IIoT) & Smart City, Consumer IoT and more. For more information, visit IoTBreakthrough.com.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/775cbb3b-302f-4b06-badf-82ee01899da0