Sheriff’s Department issues home safety tips after home invasion robberies spike across Riverside County￼
The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department has released a series of home safety tips following cases of home invasion robbery throughout Riverside County.
“Over the past few weeks, a number of home invasion robberies have occurred throughout Riverside County. As we continue to investigate, we urge you to be vigilant,” reads the message from the Department of Health. sheriff.
The department advises residents to:
- Keep all doors and windows locked, inside and outside.
- Improve outdoor lighting.
- Invest in security cameras and/or an alarm system and make sure they are working properly and recording.
- if you see something, say something. If you observe anything suspicious or unusual, contact your local police.
In areas of Riverside County, the non-emergency dispatch is 800-950-2444.
- Talk to your neighbors and inform each other.
The sheriff’s department did not specify in which areas of the county the home invasion robberies were reported. In the town of Riverside, Its police chief posted a similar notice after similar thefts occurred in one particular community, with one case where a person was shot dead.
Be the first to know when news breaks in Coachella Valley. Download the News Channel 3 app here.